6 March 2018 | Management and daily management of Belgian companies
The draft Belgian Companies Code is expected to be approved before summer. It provides for a number of fundamental changes in the key principles governing the legal situation and functioning of directors of Belgian companies. The aim of this seminar is to provide you with (i) a survey of the main changes, from both a corporate and employment law perspective as well as (ii) tips and tricks to reflect these changes in management agreements. The topics will include:
- New principles on the governance of Belgian companies and their impact on management agreements with directors: Resignation/dismissal of directors: will it be possible to include enforceable notice periods and/or payments in management agreements with directors? The end of the “ad nutum” principle…The introduction of a statutory definition of “daily management”: a significant extension of the scope of daily management – impact on the task description included in (existing) management agreements. We will discuss practical solutions and discuss articles to be included in the relevant agreements.
- New governance models available to the NV/SA: Sole directorship: towards a NV/SA with one shareholder and/or one director? The choice between a one tier model or a “true” two tier model
- Fundamental changes in the rules governing director’s liability: Towards a statutory maximum amount of liability for directors?Will exoneration clauses in management agreements still offer a solution and what about D&O liability insurance?
- How to guarantee non-competetion and confidentiality?
- Filip Saelens, Partner and Head of department, Employment & Benefits
- Kris De Schutter, Partner, Employment & Benefits
- Wim Vande Velde, Partner, Corporate and M&A
- Laurent Mertens, Counsel, Corporate and M&A
Date: 6 March 2018
12h00 – 12h30: Registration and lunch
12h30 – 13h30: Presentations
13h30 – 14h00: Q&A and drinks
Loyens & Loeff – Rue Neerveld 101-103, 1200 Brussels
Registration: Click here to register